icon

Linear Scale ТЕА5767 FM Radio on ili9341 TFT Display

0 39909 Easy

This time I will present you how to make a simple FM Radio with a beautiful retro look linear scale. The idea for the project was taken from the Volos Projects channel, where is presented the code that was specially made for the LilyGO T-Embed device, which has a TFT screen with a resolution of 320 x 170 pixels.

I just adapted the code for the ILI9341 TFT Display which has a resolution of 320×240 pixels powered by an ESP32 dev kit module. The radio interface is the same, and in the remaining part of the screen I added a small clock that shows the time. Actually, as a beginner in programming, I did a little practice drawing figures and placing text on the Display. The way the scale moves is especially effective for me as a big fan of retro radios. For the FM radio part, the TEA5767 radio module is used, which is characterized by good features and a relatively low price. 

projectImage

I was currently using a board without an audio amplifier, although there is also a board with a built-in stereo amplifier. In that part I use a PAM8304 amplifier module and a custom made small sound box.

projectImage

If you want to make a PCB for this project, or for any other electronic project, PCBway is a great choice for you. PCBway is one of the most experienced PCB manufacturing company in China in field of PCB prototype and fabrication. They have a large online community where you can find a Open Source projects, and you can also share your project there. From my personal experience I can tell you that on this community you can find many useful projects

Well, as you can see, the device is very simple to build and consists of several components:

HARDWARE LIST
1 ESP32 dev kit board
1 ILI9341 TFT Display 2.8 inch
1 TEA5767 Radio module
1 Rotary encoder with push button
1 Small D-class audio amplifier board
1 and Speaker
projectImage

A few notes about compiling and uploading the code. In order for the code to run without errors, you should use the libraries provided with the code, as they have been modified (TFT_eSPI) specifically for this project. 
  Аnd now let's see how the device works in reality:
  The most striking part of the display is the linear scale that moves with the rotation of the rotary encoder. Then in the middle of the display is the selected frequency, the signal strength icon, as well as the stereo reception and "mute" mark. On the upper left part are the frequencies with the names of favorite stations, which for now are just information, and could be memorized in a future version of the software. Also the battery capacity icon is currently not working. In the lower part under the radio there is a clock that synchronizes with the PC clock when uploading the code.
 Finally, the device is installed in a suitable housing made of PVC plastic with a thickness of 5 and 3 mm, and covered with colored self-adhesive wallpaper.

License
All Rights
Reserved
licensBg