icon

SIM808 Remote Cooling Fan w/ Weather and Gas Station

Description 

I had a problem with my room temperature lately due to enervating heat during summer, especially when I went outside and returned after a few hours. Unfortunately, my cooling fan placed in my room was able to, scarcely, be on or off via a control switch while plugged in. And, I did not want to acquiesce that only feature. So, I contemplated this project to be able to control my cooling fan and get information about the temperature and humidity of my room while I am away, via SMS messages. To get the temperature and humidity values, I used a DHT11 Temperature and Humidity Sensor. And, I used a 2-Way relay module to turn on or off the cooling fan. 

Also, gas leakage, instigated by pipe expansion, is a dangerous problem while temperature is rising. Therefore, I added an MQ-135 Gas Sensor to the device, which detects NH3, NOx, Alcohol, Benzene, Smoke, CO2, to check the hazardous gas status in my room. And, most importantly, to be able to send commands to control the cooling fan via SMS messages and get the weather and gas information as feedback, I used a SIM808 GPS/GPRS/GSM Shield sponsored by DFRobot. 

Sponsored products by DFRobot

SIM808 GPS/GPRS/GSM Shield For Arduino | Inspect

To get more information about this project and inspect the code files, please click here :)

projectImage
projectImage
projectImage
projectImage
projectImage
License
All Rights
Reserved
licensBg