icon

Wio Terminal Tetris Game (Arduino IDE)

1 49246 Easy

The Wio Terminal is a SAMD51-based microcontroller with Wireless Connectivity compatible with Arduino and MicroPython. It runs at 120MHz , 4MB External Flash and 192KB RAM. The Wio Terminal itself is equipped with a 2.4” LCD Screen, onboard IMU (Accelerometer), Microphone, Buzzer, microSD card slot, Light sensor, and Infrared Emitter. 

Also it have three buttons, one five way switch (joystick), and reset switch. It supports both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi providing backbone for IoT projects. There is also a 40-pin connector on the back, that connects external components and modules.
  This time I will show you how to connect and install this small but powerful device on Arduino IDE, as well as the basic steps on how to upload a program to it. I hope most readers already have some experience With Arduino, so I will explain this steps briefly.
 1. We need to install Arduino IDE software
 2. Click on File - Preferences, and copy below url to Additional Boards ManagerURLs:
 https://files.seeedstudio.com/arduino/package_seeeduino_boards_index.json
 3. Click on Tools - Board - Board Manager and Search Wio Terminal in the Boards Manager.
 4. Now in the Tools - Board menu select the Wio Terminal.

projectImage

We can now upload a sketch. The game I present to you is taken from the "macsbug.wordpress.com" blog. We need to select the correct com port and press the Upload button. If everything is fine, the uploading will finish in a short time and now we can play Tetris on Vio Terminal. To control the falling object you can use the joystick for left, right, and press to rotate the object, but you can also use the top three buttons for left right and the middle button for rotation.

projectImage

For this project I made a small plastic holder to which the Vio Terminal is attached with the help of two small nuts.

icon Wio_Tetris.zip 40KB Download(19)
License
All Rights
Reserved
licensBg