The Best Mini OLED Display I've Ever Tried! - DF Robot 5.5 'HDMI OLED-Display With Touchscreen

projectImage

Hi guys, today let's unpack together the best mini display I've ever seen that I was extremely happy with!

This video is sponsored by DF robots who invited me to try their magnificent screen with which I have in mind to design a really interesting project but ... let's start now!

Supplies

5.5' HDMI OLED-Display with Capacitive Touchscreen (Link to the product)
projectImage

Unboxing

The package arrived with DHL from China to Italy in less than a week, truly incredible!

projectImage

Once the package comes out of the DHL envelope, the DF Robot package is revealed with their written well written with pride, not like other Chinese brands that are almost anonymous ...

projectImage
projectImage

Inside the package there is another package but underneath it there are two pairs of stickers, one of Latte-Panda, their series of mini computers, similar to raspberry which, on the other hand, are perfectly compatible with this screen and one of DF robot.

projectImage
projectImage

Inside the second package we find several things that help us with the compatibility of the device that we need to connect.

projectImage

In fact, in the box we find an HDMI-HDMI connector to connect a raspberry on the back of the screen that can also be mounted with screws in order to create a touch graphic interface device for Arduino if desired.

projectImage

Continuing inside the box, we find another HDMI-MICROHDMI adapter to connect a raspberry pi 4 which, as you know, has the MICROHDMI interface also called HDMI-D.

projectImage

As you can see, even these small accessories are DF robot branded on the back and are provided with all the information we need directly printed on them.

projectImage

Inside the box we also find a set of standoffs (feet) that are used to mount a raspberry on the back of the screen but also to mount the screen itself perhaps to a 3D printed adapter or anywhere else.

projectImage
projectImage

Finally, in the box we obviously find the screen which, like all the other components up to now, is protected by an antistatic bag which is essential to protect the electronics inside the screen from electrostatic charges that could damage the components inside.

projectImage

The screen is obviously protected by a plastic film as often happens even in smartphones.

First Impressions Of The Screen Construction

Now let's talk about the manufacturing of the screen which really surprised me.

The screen is perfectly flat and uniform; I mean that when it is off (or when it is on but it reproduces a dark image), the difference between the screen and the edge is imperceptible and it is definitely a plus that makes it pleasing to the eye and really very elegant.

projectImage

Also in the back there is a certain attention to detail which for a product like this, which is not intended for a very large audience, is truly incredible.

projectImage

If you really want to find a fault, the HDMI connector is too close to the screen and a normal HDMI cable simply does not fit and in fact, to get it in I had to cut my HDMI connector and then re-insulate it with a heat shrink sleeve.

projectImage

How To Connect It

To connect the screen, there are only two connectors which are the HDMI connector and a Micro USB connector which not only serves to power the board but also to allow the device to which it is connected to receive the Touchscreen signals.

projectImage
projectImage

You will only need an HDMI cable that goes into the HDMI female and a micro-USB cable that goes into the female, as you can see in the picture.

projectImage
projectImage
projectImage

Once this is done, you just have to connect the HDMI cable to the computer together with the USB cable and that's it!

First Impressions Of Image Quality And Touch

projectImage

But now moving on to the juicy side of video ... with a resolution of 1920x1080p AMOLED and a capacitive touchscreen up to 10 points, this is definitely the best mini screen I've ever tried!

projectImage

As soon as I connected it, as you can see, the touch started to work without problems and I always controlled the pc with the touch from then on.

projectImage

The final test of the amazing AMOLED screen I did with a video on YouTube and boy, is it spectacular!

projectImage

I tried to lower the shutter to enjoy it to the fullest and, as you can see, the blacks are perfect blacks, the contrast is magnificent and even when the light is turned on, the screen is truly a gem as you can see from my expression!

projectImage
projectImage

Conclusions

projectImage

This screen is really cool and I can't wait to complete a project I have in mind with this little gem!

Thanks to DF-Robot and I invite you to join their Discord group at this link as well as to visit their site that I leave you in description! See you next time!

License
All Rights
Reserved
licensBg